No sound in browser telephony
- Check whether the browser recognizes the audio device:
Select the device, restart the browser and clear cache. If there is more than one device on the list, try selecting them one by one and open the browser for a call test each time.
- Use Google Chrome to avoid errors.
- Try refreshing the page in the browser and clear cache using Ctrl+F5 or an alternative method, clear cookies and get reauthorized in the system.
- Reboot the router.
- Some software (antivirus, firewall) can block the telephony ports. Try doing the audio test with this software disabled.
- Check whether the ports are open (see below).
No incoming/outbound call connection
- Check whether the SIP telephony ports are open
How to open/forward ports for SIP devices:
The default port from device settings for CISCO ATA-186 is 16380-16390; 5000-5010 — for Grandstream, and 16500-16510 — for the examples above. You can also open (or forward in case you are behind NAT) all the UDP ports from 5000 to 65535.
Browser call connection takes too long
Connection can be slowed down by several factors:
1) Internet connection speed (including ping);
2) routing features (depending on your network hardware and that of your Internet provider );
3) your IP telephony provider connection speed.
You can improve the routing quality by making changes to connection settings.
In case call completion takes too long (due to network/router configuration), go to Main menu — Settings — Integrations — Telephony — Advanced (upper tab) and disable "Use ICE and STUN servers to establish connection". This can speed up virtual PABX server connection, but can also result in total loss of connection, if you are behind NAT:
Back to Contents